Followers

Friday, October 27, 2017

Why Krav Maga?

I joined Global Martial Arts in August of 2016, a few months after starting my very first nursing job on a busy medical-surgical floor.  The acuity level on my unit is high, meaning my patients are very ill and need a lot from me in terms of time and expertise.  Each night I go to work, I have no idea what I will face. The variety is interesting and challenging but also intensely stressful.  I knew right away that I would need some way to blow off steam, something equally intense that would help me forget everything for a while. For me that something is krav maga.

The name of my blog is Addicted to Kicking, and I kind of am.  When I hit  my heavy bag I think of nothing else and it reduces my stress.  Exercise is good for my body and mind.  It brightens my mood and helps me focus.  I like that I began learning krav maga when I started my nursing career.  As I grow and improve professionally I am also developing into a skilled krav maga martial artist.  When I have a tough shift at work, I have krav maga to help me recover. 

This week my krav maga partner had the flu, so I trained alone the entire time.  I worked on ground strength quite a bit.  With my strikes, I focused on keeping my hands up and my face protected.  It takes a fair amount of composure and a lot of training to have good technique. My goals this week were to gain strength and muscle memory.  Training alone takes a lot of discipline, and I look forward to sessions with my training partner again soon.

https://globalmartialarts.university
#GMAU90DayChallenge
jillskrav.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment